Meet Kelsey Dulin
What do you value most in your career as an attorney?
Practicing law is an incredible privilege. I am blessed with the opportunity to provide insight and assistance to clients during a time of need, whether in their personal or professional life. In my career, I value most the opportunity to love and serve my clients through difficult situations. One of my favorite verses, Proverbs 31:8, reminds me what an honor it is to defend the rights of the oppressed and speak on behalf of those in need. One of the many things I love about being an attorney is the opportunity to learn about my clients and build relationships on a professional and personal level. I am blessed to have a career where I can help others while also developing lasting friendships.
What sparked your interest in fashion law?
As a young woman, I dreamed of being a fashion designer. But, after working at a law firm, I knew I found my calling as an attorney. I was intrigued by the law and by the procedure through which an attorney can help clients. The opportunity to integrate my interest in fashion with my love for law is a dream come true.
What inspires you about the legal profession?
I am most inspired by the opportunity to right a wrong. My best days are the days when wrongful or fraudulent misconduct is stopped and my client’s rights are restored. There is nothing more inspiring than to see a client’s life changed for the better.
When not working, how do you enjoy spending time?
I love spending time with my family when away from work. We enjoy riding bikes and taking our dalmatian, Lando, for walks. I enjoy playing dolls with my daughter and playing Legos with my son. A date night with my husband, of course, is one of my favorite things to do.
What are small things that make your day better?
Thank you notes and appreciative messages from clients always make me smile. During work, a hot cup of tea and some rejuvenating music makes my day more joyful. Notes and pictures from my children melt my heart and make my day. And, nothing beats coming home to greetings from my kids and husband after a long, productive day of work.
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- State of Oklahoma – 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma – 2008
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
Juris Doctor - 2008
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Science - 2005
Major: Health and Sports Sciences, History
- Fordham University School of Law, New York City, New York
Fashion Law Institute - 2017
- The Disaster After the Disaster: Insurance Companies’ Post-Catastrophe Claims Handling Practices, 61 OKLA. L. REV. 189 (2008).
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Class Actions / Complex Litigation
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Fashion & Retail Law
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Probate / Guardianship
- Entity Formation & Business Transactions
- Nonprofit Organization / Charitable Foundations
- Appellate Practice
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- General Practice / Solo and Small Firm Section
- Litigation Section
- Real Property Law Section
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Trinity Legal Clinic of Oklahoma, Director
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Allied Attorney
- MOMS. - Moms on Missions, Leadership Team
- Crossings Community Church, Crossing Kids Volunteer
- Crossings Christian School, Track & Field Volunteer
Honors and Awards:
- Oklahoma Law Review, Submissions Editor
- Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court
- Real Property Lawyers Association Award